Monday, November 9, 2009

Marley & Me























Back in 1970, my aunt took me to see the musical version of A Christmas Carol called Scrooge with Albert Finney. Somehow I'd made it through my first eight years never hearing the original classic tale, so seeing it on the big screen was stunning. I was so excited I wrote a long review of it that week in school.

Alec Guiness played Jacob Marley in the film, several years before becoming Obi Wan Kenobi. If you've never seen it, you're missing a real holiday gem. For me, he'll always be the Jacob Marley to beat.

Christmas + ghosts = Total coolness. A few years ago, we did a Kid Scoop page about A Christmas Carol, and this illustration was my version of Jacob "Dead as a doornail" Marley as he warns Ebenezer to stop acting like a Bernie Madoff before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment